If your child is starting preschool this fall, listen up. Free prekindergarten classes are offered by Shelby County Schools. Classes are designed to meet the needs of students who are educationally or economically at-risk.
Program eligibility includes:
- Your child must live in the attendance zone of a school
- Your child must turn 4 by August 15
- Your child must be identified as “at-risk”
- Preschoolers must also have a pre-K screening. Screenings are by appointment only.
Appointments available daily, 8:30 a.m.-2 p.m.
Early Childhood Administration Building, 130 Flicker St., Memphis 38104
When you go to register your child, bring the following documents:
- Certified Birth Certificate (mother's copy not accepted)
- Child's Social Security Card
- Proof of current physical and immunization record on Tennessee School Form. The child’s physical must be valid at time of registration.
- Two(2) Proofs of Residence
- Proof of income and/or status. Current month’s salary must be documented for all who work in household (check stubs, W-2, income tax returns, letter of termination)
- Copy of your child’s IEP (if applicable)
For parents or guardians who live with another person:
- Parents and/or guardians who live with another person must provide a notarized Shared Residency Affidavit, along with two (2) proofs of residence during school registration.
- The homeowner must also be present and provide two (2) proofs of residence.
Questions? Call 416-5300.Visit: scsk12.org/uf/webadmin/foundation/prek/.