Get to know the faces behind our publication.
Natalie LeDoux: Digital/ Print Marketing Assistant, Contemporary Media, Inc.
1. What does your position entail? I am the new marketing assistant. I am in my third month at Contemporary Media, Inc. and I really love it. Thus far, I have been tasked with managing Memphis Parent and MBQ: Inside Memphis Business social media, entering and adjusting distribution returns for Memphis Flyer and Memphis Parent, assisting in event planning and most recently getting our mail sent out.
2. How did you get into communications work and what insight can you give someone interested in journalism, marketing, or advertising. I graduated from the University of Memphis with a degree in journalism (concentration PR) in May and applied for several positions in Memphis, seven month later: still no job or any hopeful prospects. I was set on packing my bags and moving to New York, but my bank account wouldn't allow for that. Then, in January, a position opened at CMI. I applied and after a couple of interviews, I got the job. So, my advice for everyone about to graduate is be patient, stay busy, build your résumé/skills, and apply everywhere. Good luck.
3. On an off day from work you will find me... driving with the windows down, music up, and my dog, Jade, hanging out the back window on the way to Shelby Farms Dog Park. I also enjoy patio sitting with a margarita in hand or riding my bike.
4. What is Number 1 on your Memphis bucket list? Well, I wish I had been to Maywood (an outdoor pool) as a kid. I moved here when I was 4 and my family didn't know all of the cool spots. Maywood sounded pretty cool.
5. Are you a parent? I don't have kids, but am a kid at heart and have enjoyed working on this publication. I want to go to all of the kid events, they sounds so fun. =)
6. Tell us a little about yourself. I love writing and I have been able to contribute blog posts to our publications, which has been fun. I am currently reading The Museum of Extraordinary Things, by Alice Hoffman. I am an artist at heart. I love to paint when I can find the time. I redid the sign in front of Maggie's Pharm, redrawing it by hand and painting it. Check it out next time you stop by. I have a bit of a traveling bug: right now I am trying to make weekend trips to cities I haven't been to near by. Recently, I went to Chicago and plan on going to Austin or revisiting St. Louis next.