Playhouse on the Square’s Summer Youth Theatre Conservatory is open to any student interested in theatre regardless of experience. All of the courses are taught by professional artists. Self-esteem is of primary importance to our program. Theatre is the perfect environment for a child to find their voice. Session sizes are limited to allow for maximum individual attention and development.
A non-refundable deposit is required to reserve a space. Payment in full includes the amount of the deposit.
Tots@POTS (5-6 years of age)
A one week program with daily instructional core classes designed to develop children’s creativity through Acting, Music and Movement exercises in a controlled, focused setting. Students will also explore a popular piece of children’s literature through dramatization, dance, and song. Each session culminates in a short performance.
- TOTS 1 – June 20 through June 24, 2016 – Morning session (8:30 am – 12:00 pm) at The Circuit Playhouse
- TOTS 2 – June 20 through June 24 , 2016 – Afternoon session (1:00 pm – 4:30 pm) at The Circuit Playhouse
- TOTS 3 – July 11 through July 15, 2016 – Morning session (8:30 am – 12:00 pm) at The Circuit Playhouse
- TOTS 4 – July 11 through July 15, 2016 – Afternoon session (1:00 pm – 4:30 pm) at The Circuit Playhouse
Junior Conservatory (7-11 years of age)
A two week program with daily instructional core classes in Theatre Dynamics, Voice, and Stage Movement. The program focuses on creative acting skills and reinforces the discipline of body, voice and imagination. Students will engage in activities including movement, improvisation, monologue and ensemble work. An introduction on the proper way to audition is an element of the classes. Additionally, the students create pieces which are presented in a performance on the last day of the session.After Care available 3pm-5pm for an additional fee.
- JUNIOR 1 – June 6 through June 17, 2016 (9:00 am – 3:00 pm) at The Circuit Playhouse
- JUNIOR 2 – June 20 through July 1, 2016 (9:00 am – 3:00 pm) at Playhouse on the Square
- JUNIOR 3 – July 25 through August 5, 2016 (9:00 am – 3:00 pm)at The Circuit Playhouse
Senior Conservatory (12-17 years of age)
A three week program with daily instructional core classes in Acting, Music, and Dance. Acting instruction includes a focus on both monologue and ensemble work. Music will give instruction in diction, breathing, sight-reading, and solo and group singing techniques. Dance instruction will introduce students to ballet, tap, jazz, and modern styles. Classes will provide the basic tools needed to feel confident in performing in public. One or more theatre specialty classes will also be taught. The session culminates in performance on the last day.
- Senior Session – July 11 through July 29, 2016 (9:00 am – 5:00 pm) at Playhouse on the Square